If ever you're in doubt about the calibre of people you may be working with, ask this question. "How do you handle our data - my data, and details about the person who has died?"
Data Protection is something I take seriously.I have to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA in the UK), but I also meet the expectations of the incoming General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Uniqueulogy is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office, and this is a summary of the information I've filed with them:
Reasons/purpose for processing information
I process personal information so that I can maintain my accounts and records accurately, promote my goods and services effectively and deliver the services I offer in a professional way.
Type/classes of information processed
I process data that's relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- employment and education details
- goods or services provided
I also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- trade union membership
Who the information is processed about
I process personal information about my:
- customers and clients
- suppliers and services providers
- advisers, consultants and other professional experts
- complainants and enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
I sometimes need to share the personal information I process with the individuals from whom I'v collected the details or other organisations. If this is necessary then I have to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations I may need to share some of the personal information I process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required I share information with:
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data I am processing
- current, past and prospective employers
- suppliers and service providers
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- financial organisations