Nobody can understand how you're feeling.
But there's a lot that I can help you put into words.
The reasons why you're here are personal. It may be fading memory, a fierce illness, an accident ~ or simply a desire to have control over your end of life preparations, along with your Will or medical care:
- if you want to provide comfort ~ I can find words that will help people to hear your voice and cope a little better with their grief;
- if you'd like to help someone ~ I can advise you on how to word a eulogy so the person reading it finds it easier; or,
- if there's something particular you want to say ~ I'll work with you to tell that story. Spiritual or non-spiritual. Personal, always.
What kind of things could you say?
It’s completely up to you what goes into a Living Eulogy. These simple examples may prompt some ideas of your own:
- A lovely lady wanted her life’s story put into verse. (This was the first of what I call 'LifePoems'). What she’d done; why; and how those things had shaped her life. One of her friends would read this aloud at the service, and we created a small booklet with hand-drawn illustrations that everyone took home.
- A young man said, "If people are crying, then I want them to be crying with laughter". His friends had always seen him as a great practical joker, so that was easy, but he also wanted to speak words of comfort directly to his family. They knew him as his quieter, more sensitive self. Finding that balance was proving to be very difficult. Together we found a way.
- And a husband contacted me to ask if I could help his wife. She wanted to comfort some close friends who couldn't be at the funeral. What she’d already written as a letter to them was beautiful - but she still wanted some help to ‘polish it up’.
How much does a Living Eulogy cost?
I'm so sorry, I can't price this service in advance. There's too much involved that's personalised. But I can talk about the pricing when it's clearer what you'd like to do. There are no hidden costs.
As a rough guide, these examples - the LifePoem in an illustrated booklet for friends and family, the eulogy written from notes, and the 'polish' - were £2,400, £600, and £330 respectively (inc. VAT).
How does this work?
Step 1: We start with a deposit payment that guarantees my time for you. I use PayPal because it's easy, and safe, and all of my pricing is simple and transparent. The deposit is £500 inc. VAT
Step 2: I'll make contact promptly, using the details you provid. We'll arrange a meeting wherever you are (in the UK). This meeting can involve anyone you'd like to be there - anyone at all.
- Step 3: All the other details ... we'll work out together.
- Step 4: I can pass the Living Eulogy on for your ceremony or service, or deliver it on your behalf, or make arrangements for it to be shared at a later date.